An impressive recent reference book on the future of brain care is Integrative Neuroscience and Personalized Medicine, edited by Evian Gordon and Stephen H. Koslow (Oxford University Press; $89.95).
Book description: This book takes an in depth and hard look at the current status and future direction of treatment predictive markers in Personalized Medicine for the brain from the perspectives of the researchers on the cutting edge and those involved in healthcare implementation. The contents provide a comprehensive text suitable as both a pithy introduction to and a clear summary of the “science to solutions” continuum in this developing field of Personalized Medicine and Integrative Neuroscience. The science includes both measures of genes using whole genome approaches and SNIPS as well as BRAINmarkers of direct brain function such as brain imaging, biophysical changes and objective cognitive and behavioral measurements. More information below.
Dr. Evian Gordon will speak at the upcoming 2011 SharpBrains Summit: Retooling Brain Health for the 21st Century (March 30th — April 1st) and his firm, Brain Resource, is among Summit Sponsors. Thanks to his support, we are pleased to announce the following offer: TEN professionals who register to attend the 2011 SharpBrains Summit over the next 36 hours, from now until Friday March 4th, 7pm US Pacific Time, will each receive a complimentary hardcopy of the book Integrative Neuroscience and Personalized Medicine. If more than ten people register by then, we will select ten names at random.
We are also pleased to announce the addition of 12 new Speakers and Moderators to the 2011 SharpBrains Summit — the resulting agenda is turning out to be nothing short of spectacular (in our, yes, a bit biased judgment):
- Alexandra Morehouse, CMO, AAA North California
- Dr. Evian Gordon, CEO, Brain Resource
- Kathleen Herath, Asst Vice President, Nationwide Insurance
- Dr. David Tal, Director, A.G.E. Matters Clinic
- Paula Psyllakis, Senior Policy Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation
- Veronika Litinski, Advisor, MaRS Life Sciences and Health Care
- Dr. Joshua Steinerman, Assistant Professor, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Dr. Jeffrey Kaye, Director, NIA — ORCATECH
- Dr. John Reppas, Policy Director, Neurotechnology Industry Organization
- Dr. Justin Marley, Chair Mental Health Informatics Group, UK Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr. David Darby, Chief Medical Officer, Cogstate
- Dr. John Hart, Medical Science Director, Center for Brain Health at UT-Dallas
-> Learn More and Register to Participate in the Summit Here, and get a chance at getting a complimentary copy of the book Integrative Neuroscience and Personalized Medicine!
[Read more…] about 36-Hour Offer: Integrative Neuroscience, Personalized Medicine and the 2011 SharpBrains Summit