“Chimpanzees are our closest living relatives, but what is it about the human brain that makes us so different? Researchers at the George Washington University may have unearthed another piece of the puzzle. [Read more…] about Neuroplasticity explains why humans adapt faster than (genetically-controlled) chimpanzees
Time for SharpBrains’ July e‑newsletter, wrapping up this month’s key brain-related news and insights.
First of all, a reminder to Save the Date for 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (November 17–19th), where leading experts will discuss Monitoring & Enhancing Brain Health in the Pervasive Neurotechnology Era (to register with 10% discount, use this code: sharp2015).
- Neuroscience 2.0: Taking the lab to the people by gathering collective EEG brain data
- Translating brain activity signals into driving and other computer-assisted interactions
- Training law-enforcement “itchy brains” can reduce shooting-related civilian casualties
- Brain training game helps resist unhealthy snack foods
- Pervasive Neurotechnology: The Digital Revolution Meets the Human Brain (slidedeck)
- Survey highlights need to improve brain health literacy
- High television viewing and low physical activity can significantly worsen long-term cognitive function
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helps treat depression–especially among women–but benefits are declining steadily
- Neuroimaging studies: In soccer, over one thousand “headers” per year can lead to brain injury and cognitive impairment
- Youth unemployment can lead to long-term cognitive and emotional scars
More on Pervasive Neurotechnologies:
- IBM ranked #14 Holder of Pervasive Neurotech IP
- McLean Hospital Corp: #16 Holder of Pervasive Neurotech IP
- Philips ranked #18 Holder of Pervasive Neurotech IP
- Sedline (a Masimo company) ranked #20 Holder of Pervasive Neurotech IP
- Compumedics ranked #22 Holder of Pervasive Neurotech IP
Finally, we are proud to welcome “Fitness mózgu” — The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness, now in Polish!
Have a great month of August
“Technology has made it possible for players to keep track of how certain hits are impacting their brains before a concussion takes them out of the game completely.
In 2013, (USA forward Abby) Wambach [Read more…] about New in soccer: Improving concussion awareness via sensing “impact headbands”
Join this upcoming webinar to discuss the key take-aways from the new market report Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment and Business.
When: Tuesday, June 30th, 1–2pm US Eastern Time
- 1–1.20pm ET: Five Key Trends Driving Neurotechnology to Become Pervasive
- 1.20–1.40pm ET: How Nielsen, Advanced Neuromodulation Systems, Medtronic, Microsoft and Brainlab emerged as leading IP Holders
- 1.40–2pm ET: Q&A
–> Learn More and Register HERE
Enjoy the new column by Alvaro Fernandez at The Huffington Post. The future is here…how can we best harness the opportunity to improve our work, our lives, ourselves?
Read The Digital Revolution Meets the Human Brain (The Huffington Post)
Our brain is at the core of everything we do, from the every-day decisions we make to the epic emotions we feel when we fall in love. Given its vital role in our lives, it is great news that two of the most well-funded research programs in the world focus on the brain sciences: [Read more…] about Good news: The Digital Revolution meets the Human Brain (as evidenced by the explosion of neurotech patent filings)