Time for a new edition of SharpBrains’ e‑newsletter, providing a window into the ongoing brain health and neuroplasticity revolutions–plus some fun brain teasers. Happy reading and, for those of you in the USA, Happy Fourth of July, and for those of you in Canada, Happy Canada Day!
- 20 Must-Know Facts to Harness Neuroplasticity and Improve Brain Health
- Please participate in this Brain Health survey (should take no more than 5 minutes, and will help us to better understand and address your interests and needs)
- Which is the only common leisure activity that has been associated with reduced cognitive function?
- Next phase in the brain health revolution: Objective, physiological, and widespread measures of brain function
- Wisdom requires both higher heart rate variability and adopting a third-person perspective
- Merck and HAPPYneuron partner to include cognitive remediation program in Multiple Sclerosis e‑Health Solution
- Too early? Brain stimulation device Thync fails to get traction in the minds of consumers
- Nike launches mental training app to help soccer players win the mental game
- Sport-specific brain training programs gain adoption in basketball, ice hockey and soccer
- Three neuroscientists win $1 million Kavli Prize for discovering brain’s plasticity
- Dr. Michael Merzenich: To harness Neuroplasticity for cognitive enhancement, we need to think “Fitness” more than “Games”
- Save the Date: Reinventing Brain Health at 2016 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (December 6–8, 2016) (10%-off discount code: sharp2016)
- 5 ideas to help knowledge workers increase lifelong learning and productivity