Kernel has raised $53 million to accelerate development of a new generation of brain tech, helping companies leverage insights from the latest advances in neuroscience.
Every March, Brain Awareness Week (BAW) unites hundreds of organizations worldwide in a celebration of the brain for people of all ages. Activities typically include open days at neuroscience labs, exhibitions about the brain, lectures on brain-related topics, displays at libraries and community centers, classroom workshops, and more.
Brain Awareness Week 2020 starts today, Monday March 16th.
To contribute to such a global educational campaign, especially now that many physical events have been cancelled, we are offering our best educational and professional resources at a 90% discount from today till Sunday, March 22th.
–> To benefit from this opportunity, use this discount code: BrainWeek
Stay Healthy, Stay Warm, let’s Harness this opportunity to Sharpen our Minds and Explore the latest on brain health and neurotechnology!
Our core educational and professional resources offered at a 90% discount this week: [Read more…] about Eight brain tech insights and a special offer to honor Brain Awareness Week 2020
Given the success of the first Brainnovations Pitch Contest last year (details here), the 2018 SharpBrains Virtual Summit will host a second Brainnovations edition, for 12 selected startups to pitch their innovative solutions to to all Summit participants and to our distinguished Judges –our very own “Sharp Tank”:
- Dr. Hagit Alon, VP Scientific Affairs at Joy Ventures
- Dr. David Barash, Chief Medical Officer at the GE Foundation
- Nichol Bradford, Co-Founder and ED of the Transformative Tech Lab
- John Cammack, Angel Investor
- Ariel Garten, Founder and Chief Evangelism Officer at InteraXon
- Dr. Evian Gordon, Executive Chairman of Brain Resource
- Dr. Adam Haim, Chief of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Kathleen Herath, Associate Vice President Health & Productivity at Nationwide Insurance
- Christian Hernandez, Managing Partner at White Star Capital
- Dr. Edward Kliphuis, Investment Director at Merck Ventures
- Dr. Cori Lathan, Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum’s Council on the Future of Human Enhancement
- Dr. Manuel López-Figueroa, Venture Partner at Bay City Capital
- Zack Lynch, General Partner at JAZZ Venture Partners
- Dr. Eddie Martucci, Co-Founder and CEO of Akili Interactive Labs
- Dr. Karen Postal, President of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN)
- Yannick Roy, Co-Founder of NeuroTechX
Just read an article on clean tech, including a couple of quotes by Kleiner Perkins’ John Doerr suggesting that
“Remember the Internet? Green tech is bigger… This could be the biggest economic opportunity of the 21st century”
“Energy is the mother of all markets”.
Well, if Energy is the mother of all markets…who would be the father of all markets?
The Human Brain, perhaps?
So, I may both agree and disagree with John Doerr: yes, clean tech should be bigger than the Internet, and perhaps the biggest economic opportunity in the next 10–15 years…but BrainTech, technologies aimed at helping our brains be more productive and sustainable throughout their lifespans, may become the biggest opportunity of the 21st century. We’ll see.