The 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit featured over 30 of the world’s top scientists and innovators working on ways to enhance behavioral and brain health via neuroscience-based innovation. All sessions were chaired by some of the world’s most inspiring and accomplished trailblazers, recognized as Young Global Leaders (YGLs) by the World Economic Forum.
Here are a few examples of the rich discussions that took place (see full Summit Agenda and Speaker bios):
- Peter Chiarelli, CEO of One Mind for Research and US Army General (Ret), on how brain data exchange portals can transform brain health research and practice
- Patrick Aebischer, President of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Lausanne (EPFL), on the billion-euro Human Brain Project
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains, on the digital brain health marketplace
- Hyong Un, Head of Employee Assistance Programs at Aetna, on new brain-based corporate wellness initiatives
- Alexandra Morehouse, VP Brand Management at Kaiser Permanente, on the future of personal brain health
- Tan Le, CEO of Emotiv Lifesciences, on their successful Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for a consumer-facing EEG-headset
- Daniel Sternberg, Data Scientist at Lumosity, on the Human Cognition Project
- Misha Pavel, Program Director at the National Science Foundation, on their Smart and Connected Health portfolio
- Bruce Wexler, NIH Director’s Award Winner, on how to integrate cognitive training with physical therapy
- Dan Fox, Senior VP Corporate Development at Discovery Communications, on why Discovery invested in Lumosity
Frequently Asked Questions
I couldn’t register in time to participate in the Summit. Can I watch the session recordings now? Yes. All sessions were recorded, and they are available for purchase here.
When exactly will the 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit take place? We will announce the dates by January 2nd, 2014. You can subscribe to our free e‑Newsletter to stay tuned.
Where does the Summit take place? Over the Internet. You can participate from any location — you just need a computer with Internet connection. All live sessions will take place between 8am and 5pm US Pacific Time.
Who should attend? Innovators, decision-makers, researchers, and practitioners in technology, consumer/ behavioral/ occupational/ mental health, gaming, life/ health insurance, human resources, digital healthcare, senior services, cognitive and affective neuroscience. This is by design a cross-sector, innovation-oriented conference.
What is a “virtual conference”? The SharpBrains Virtual Summit is just like a physical conference — we gather in a forum to hear dozens of speakers present and discuss latest information, to connect with each other, to explore opportunities and partnerships, to discover new tools presented by sponsors and exhibitors. However, rather than having hundreds of people spend significant time and money travelling to a conference, the SharpBrains Summit travels to you. Thanks to a participant-only website, you access each presentation either by joining the live webcast or by accessing a recording after the presentation. Participants are able to discuss and connect with speakers and participants, before, during, and after, the conference.
I cannot participate live in all sessions. Will they be recorded? All sessions will be recorded and available at no extra cost to registered participants for a full year after the Summit.
Do you offer CEUs/ CMEs? We don’t. We do offer a Certificate of Attendance to those who request it.