The 2011 SharpBrains Summit already took place. To Learn More about the upcoming 2012 SharpBrains Virtual Summit, please click HERE.
The annual SharpBrains Summit is designed to convene innovators, decision-makers, researchers and all professionals in the brain health and cognitive fitness field who want to
- learn about the latest market trends, technologies, needs and opportunities,
- discuss emerging research and best practices,
- meet and share notes with colleagues who face similar priorities and challenges, and
- interact with a cross-sector group of industry, technology and research innovators who are changing the way things are done.
Confirmed Summit Speakers
To Learn More About Summit Faculty & Agenda, click HERE
What last year attendees said
In January 2010 SharpBrains successfully organized the inaugural virtual, global SharpBrains Summit, which featured a dream team of over 40 speakers and gathered over 250 participants in 16 countries.
This is what participants said when surveyed right after the Summit:
- “Splendid line-up of speakers.” — Jake Dunagan, Research Director at the Institute For The Future, USA.
- “Universal kudos from our team. Agenda worked out extraordinarily well.” — Ken Kosik, Executive Director of CFIT, USA.
- “One of the best conferences I have ever attended in 4 decades of research & innovation life.” — Ron Baecker, Lab Director at University of Toronto, Canada.
- “Excellent content and outstanding administration.” — Danny Dankner, CEO Applied Cognitive Engineering, Israel.
- “An incredibly stimulating conference, with a perfect balance of science and application.” — David Tal, Owner, A.G.E. Matters Clinic, Canada.
- 92% rated their overall experience as “Very High” or “High”
What: The 2011 SharpBrains Summit, to be conducted virtually, will highlight emerging research, tools and best practices to measure and enhance brain health and performance across the lifespan.
When: Wednesday, March 30th — Friday, April 1st. Sessions will take place 8am — 5pm US Pacific Time; 11am — 8pm US Eastern Time.
Who should attend: pioneers in technology, behavioral/ occupational/ mental health, research and development, gaming, life/ health/ auto insurance, human resources, digital healthcare, senior services, cognitive and affective neuroscience.
CEUs: We will provide, at no additional charge, a CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE equivalent to 20 hours of Continuing Education Units. Please note that we have not pursued external accreditation.
How: using online tools for webinars, discussions, networking. We want to replicate the “conference experience” as much as possible without having people travel from all over the place to one city and hotel.
Where and Why: the Summit will take place online globally (this is, instead of you traveling to the Summit, the Summit will travel to you)…
- to Help you Save Time and Money: we prefer neither to ask you to spend over $1,000 in flights, accommodation, taxis, food…, nor to waste time in security lines,
- to ensure best Speakers and timely content: the Summit needs to happen soon to help address growing interest and confusion surrounding “brain fitness”, “brain training”, neuroplasticity and cognitive health in general,
- to convene a Global Community: we expect to have speakers based in over 5 countries, and participants in over 15,
- and because we already proved in 2010 that a virtual conference can provide such a valuable experience as a physical one.
What is a “virtual conference”? The SharpBrains Summit is just like a physical conference — we will gather in a forum to discuss latest information, connect with each other, discover opportunities and partnerships. However, rather than traveling to a conference, the SharpBrains Summit travels to you. Thanks to a participant-only website, you will access each presentation either by joining the live webcast or by downloading a recording after the presentation, and you will be able to discuss with speakers and your peers, before, during, and after, the conference. You only need to have a computer, an Internet connection, and headsets (to listen to the audio part from your computer). These are 20 reasons why virtual conferences are the future.
What will happen and when?
- Before the Summit: once you register, you will receive the comprehensive and proprietary market report Transforming Brain Health with Digital Tools to Assess, Enhance and Repair Cognition across the Lifespan — The State of the Brain Fitness Market, and an invitation to join SharpBrains’ LinkedIn Group so that you can start talking and connecting with other participants.
- During the Summit: you will be able to access all live sessions through your computer, listen to and ask questions to speakers, chat with other participants, see demos of latest products and technologies.
- After the Summit: you will be able to access recordings and handouts for all the sessions, to continue talking and connecting with other participants through the end of 2011, and to meet in person with other Summit participants in your region. We are already planning social gatherings in April/ May in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC and Toronto.
Do I need to install some special software to attend the conference? No. We will be using Adobe Connect, which doesn’t require any plug-in. The only requirements are 1) having an office-quality Internet connection (not dial-up), 2) having Adobe Flash Player (over 99% Internet-enabled computers have it by default; it can be downloaded for free). If you can watch the video at the top of this page, you are fully set.
When will the presentation recordings be available on the conference website, and for how long? All presentation recordings will become available on April 7th, 2010, and remain on the website for 3 months following the conference. Access will be provided only for registered participants.
About SharpBrains: SharpBrains is an independent market research firm and innovation network devoted to helping organizations, professionals and consumers navigate the brain fitness and cognitive health field. In 2010, the firm released its flagship report The State of the Brain Fitness Market 2010, for decision-makers, and the consumer guide The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness, for everyone with a brain. SharpBrains mission is to provide independent, research-based, information and guidance to navigate the growing cognitive and brain fitness market.