Brain Awareness Week 2021 takes place next month. Why not start celebrating now by challenging our minds and discussing the latest about lifelong neuroplasticity?
Here’s a selection of seven stimulating brain teasers that readers enjoyed the most in 2020:
- Please consider Linda’s job prospects
- Explore your perceptual biases
- Think outside the box with a few fun riddles
- Complete these proverbs and exercise your memory and reasoning
- Where do words go?
- Test your stress level if you dare…
- Which way is the bus heading?
And here’s the podcast where Eric White interviews our very own Alvaro Fernandez to discuss in-depth The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness. Eric shares how, for a good hour, “We talk about the importance of being proactive with brain fitness, the role of exercise, diet and training in brain health, the effects of video games and much more. Alvaro shared a lot of useful resources during this conversation and I’ve shared links to each of them below.”
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, or watch it on YouTube.
Resources mentioned in the podcast:
- “A User’s Guide to the Brain” and “Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain” by Dr. John Ratey
- “The Wisdom Paradox” and “The New Executive Brain” by Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg
- “Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers” by Dr. Robert Sapolsky
- Assessments and interventions: BrainHQ, Cogniciti, Barbara Arrowsmith-Young Assessment, HeartMath emWave, Unyte, EMOTIV, Muse
- PubMed and Google Scholar
- Barbara Arrowsmith-Young Interview
About Brain Awareness Week:
Every March, Brain Awareness Week (BAW) unites the efforts of partner organizations worldwide in a celebration of the brain for people of all ages. Activities are limited only by the organizers’ imaginations and include open days at neuroscience labs; exhibitions about the brain; lectures on brain-related topics; social media campaigns; displays at libraries and community centers; classroom workshops; and more. This year BAW will take place March 15–21st, 2021.