“UnitedHealth Group’s Optum medical provider unit may increase its investment in AbleTo, a provider of virtual behavioral healthcare services.
Such a deal, which some reports say could be an outright acquisition, would be significant because it’s further acknowledgement by health insurers that managing medical care isn’t enough to make sure patients are getting the right care, in the right place and at the right time.
Insurers and medical care providers increasingly are working to address social determinants of their customers outside of traditional medical care and an estimated one in five American adults suffers from mental illness, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Amid the spread of the Coronavirus strain COVID-19, insurers and medical care providers are also stepping up their efforts to address isolation and loneliness as Americans comply with state “shelter in place” orders.”
News in Context:
- 3 ways to protect your mental health during –and after– COVID-19 (in Spanish: Tres hábitos de higiene mental para vencer al COVID-19 y crear un futuro más saludable)
- New report: Empowering 8 Billion Minds via Ethical Development and Adoption of Neurotechnologies
- Infographic on the Digital Brain Health Market 2012–2020
- Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright
- Ten neurotechnologies about to transform brain enhancement & health
- 10 highlights from the 2019 SharpBrains Virtual Summit