‘Mental fitness’ startup Elevate Labs launches a personalized meditation app called Balance (TechCrunch):
“While investors are already writing big checks for meditation startups, Elevate Labs founder and CEO Jesse Pickard said that none of the existing meditation apps can replace the experience of working with a human coach.
“This experience where you have somebody that meets with you is wildly better than any digital product that’s out there,” Pickard said. “The problem is, it’s not affordable to 99% of the planet.”
So Elevate Labs is launching a new mobile app today called Balance, which is designed to replicate the experience of working with a live meditation coach … you’re not just browsing through a library of prerecorded content. Instead, the app starts out by asking you about your goals, your meditation experience and more. You’ll then get a set of introductory meditations that may look familiar, but Pickard said that each meditation is actually “a combination of dozens and dozens of clips woven together that’s personalized to you.”
News in Context:
- Want to feel more Calm, get some Headspace, and practice Mindfulness Daily?
- Mindfully debunking four meditation myths
- Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright
- Can brain training work? Yes, if it meets these 5 conditions
- Six tips to build resilience and prevent brain-damaging stress
- Presentation by Dr. Tom Insel, President and Co-Founder of Mindstrong Health, at the 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: