EIT Health focusing on digital biomarkers and mental & brain health (Health Europa):
“Announcing the second year of their innovation programme, Wild Card, EIT Health, a network of best-in-class innovators backed by the EU, are looking to challenge talent to deliver real solutions to the healthcare market. This year, Wild Card will focus on two challenges: mental and brain health and digital biomarkers in diagnostics … the EIT Health Wild Card programme application window is open until 10 February 2019.
Looking at two major key issues that impact citizens’ health in Europe, this year’s hopeful candidates must present their experience, skills and ideas to address one of two questions:
- Mental and brain health – How to improve prediction, diagnosis and treatment to fight mental disorders and strengthen brain health?
- Digital biomarkers – How to improve early diagnostics with the application of digital biomarkers?
Wild Card is a call to action for Europe’s innovators and game-changers to solve the biggest healthcare challenges of our time.
Description: We build great companies to shift the paradigm in challenge areas and make impact for patients. Each year the Wild Card programme addresses two European healthcare challenges. Our job is to find the right people to tackle them—yours is to solve them. This year, we’re asking innovators to find solutions to MENTAL AND BRAIN HEALTH and DIGITAL BIOMARKERS.
The News In Context:
- Jan Samzelius, CEO of Brainnovations Winner NeuraMetrix, encourages pioneers to focus on “simple, elegant solutions to big problems”
- Mindstrong Health identifies digital biomarkers of cognitive function using smartphone data
- Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright
- Learn more and discuss at the 2019 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: The Future of Brain Health (February 26–28th)
- Presentation by Dr. Tom Insel at the 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: