Dr. Randal Koene is the Lead Scientist at Kernel, a $100-million-funded start-up building advanced neural interfaces to treat disease and dysfunction, illuminate the mechanisms of intelligence, and extend cognition. A neuroscientist and neuroengineer, Dr. Koene also heads carboncopies.org, a nonprofit organisation trying to reverse engineer neural tissue and complete brains, and acts as Science Director of the 2045 Initiative.
Previously, he was Director of Analysis at Halcyon Molecular and Director of the Department of Neuroengineering at Tecnalia, the third largest private research organization in Europe. Dr. Koene was also a research professor at Boston University’s Center for Memory and Brain. He earned his Ph.D. studying memory mechanisms at McGill University, after obtaining an M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Information Theory at Delft University of Technology.
Other confirmed Speakers include:
- Dr. Tom Insel, Co-founder and President of Mindstrong
- Dr. Alvaro Pascual-Leone, Director of the Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Dr. Oliver Harrison. Chief Executive of the Health Moonshot at Telefónica Innovation
- Sarah Lenz Lock, Senior Vice President for Policy at AARP and Executive Director of the Global Council on Brain Health (GCBH)
- Dr. Eddie Martucci, Co-Founder and CEO of Akili Interactive Labs
- Dr. Graeme Moffat, VP of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs at Interaxon
- Dr. Peter Reiner, Co-Founder of the National Core for Neuroethics at the University of British Columbia
- Dr. Simone Schurle, MIT biomedical engineering postdoc fellow and member of the World Economic Forum’s Council on the Future of Human Enhancement
- Dr. David Bartrés-Faz, Principal Investigator of the Barcelona Brain Health Initiative (BBHI)
- Tara Thiagarajan, Founder and Chief Scientist at Sapien Labs
Learn more & Reserve your Spot HERE