BrainFutures 2017 is a one-and-a-half-day conference featuring renowned leaders sharing research-to-practice innovation to optimize brain health and transform mental health care. Keynote speakers include Dr. Norman Doidge, Dr. Alvaro Pascual-Leone, Dr. John Ratey, Dr. Adam Gazzaley, Alvaro Fernandez, and more. The conference is certified to offer CEU and CME credits.
- Where: Gaylord National Resort (Washington, D.C.)
- When: September 6–7, 2017
Description: Until recently, scientists believed that brain development came to a halt during adulthood. Today we know that our brains are constantly changing throughout our lives and forming new pathways in response to our environment, actions, thinking and emotions. This is good news for all of us, whether we want to improve learning outcomes for kids, maintain sharp thinking as we age, optimize functioning at work or enhance treatment for a mental health or substance use problem.
Breakthroughs in understanding of brain plasticity have spurred new directions in neuroscience research, producing a wide range of practical applications through the use of:
- games, apps and computer-assisted learning
- magnetic and electrical medical devices
- new medication and therapies
- mindfulness practice, diet and exercise
–> To Learn More, check out conference agenda HERE.
SharpBrains readers can receive a $100 discount by following this link to register, and entering the promotional code SHARPBRAINS as you select tickets at checkout.
Additionally, BrainFutures is offering some scholarship opportunities, which can be requested by contacting Susan Linkous at 443–901-1550 ext. 235 or slinkous at mhamd dot org.
The Conference in Context
- Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright
- Infographic on the Digital Brain Health Market 2012–2020
- 10 neurotechnologies about to transform brain enhancement and brain health
- 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: Brain Enhancement in the Digital Age (December 5–7th, 2017)
- Neurotechnology can improve our lives…if we first address these Privacy and Informed Consent issues
- Solving the Brain Fitness Puzzle Is the Key to Self-Empowered Aging