In order to foster innovative bridges and problem-solving between scientists, practitioners, technologists and entrepreneurs, the 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (December 5–7th) will host a Brainnovations Pitch Contest on December 6th. Early-stage startups will submit their elevator pitch and 1–2 page business plan, and up to 16 selected Finalists will get to pitch their idea to the Judges and to all Summit participants in one of 4 categories: Healthcare, Workplace, Education, and Quality of Life.
Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains’ CEO, and Dr. Bob Bilder, Director of the UCLA Tennenbaum Center for the Biology of Creativity, will co-run the event to ensure a fun, stimulating and meaningful contest.
Confirmed members of the Judging Panel–our very own “Sharp Tank”–include:
- Adam Haim, PhD, Chief of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Alexandra Morehouse, Chief Marketing Officer at Banner Health
- Ariel Garten, Founder and Chief Evangelism Officer at InteraXon
- Bill Reichman, MD, President and CEO of Baycrest
- Bill Tucker, Senior Advisor to the K12 Education Program at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Charlie Hartwell, Operating Partner at Bridge Builders Collaborative
- Colin Milner, Founder and CEO of the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA)
- Danny Dankner, CEO and Co-founder of Applied Cognitive Engineering
- David Barash, MD, Chief Medical Officer and ED of Global Health at GE Foundation
- Eduardo Briceño, CEO and Co-founder of Mindset Works
- Edward Kliphuis, Investment Director at Merck Ventures
- John Cammack, Angel Investor
- Karen Postal, PhD, President of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN)
- Kathleen Herath, Associate Vice President Health & Productivity at Nationwide Insurance
- Lisa Neuberger, Managing Director of Strategy + Innovation at Accenture Corporate Citizenship
- Neil Allison, Director of Business Model Innovation at Pearson North America
- Zack Lynch, General Partner at Jazz Venture Partners
More details coming on August 1st…Click HERE to learn more.