Time for SharpBrains’ October e‑newsletter, wrapping up this month’s key brain-related news. First of all, here’s a brain teaser for you: How many haircuts do you think happen in America every year?
- How to best civilize the mobile brain health and brain training Wild West (Tip: Consumer education may help more than pure regulation)
- The Neurotechnology Revolution: “The future is here; it’s just not evenly distributed yet”
- Pros and Cons of latest wearable tech trend: Mood-altering electrical brain stimulation
- Why do (some) college students misuse ADHD medication?
- To reach your cognitive potential across the whole lifespan, augment healthy lifestyle with brain training
- Scientists call for network of “brain observatories” to accelerate neurotechnology research and innovation
- Growing demand for digital psychotherapies to help veterans deal with substance abuse, depression, problem solving and insomnia
Food for thought:
- Training our brains with novelty, challenge…and videogames (20-minute panel discussion)
- Para mejorar nuestra salud cerebral y rendimiento mental, desmontemos primero estos diez mitos sobre el cerebro
- Technology to enable patient-centered, collaborative behavioral health and chronic care management
Finally, here are a few visual illusions to tease our brains and minds…and, also, please don’t forget to Register and Reserve your spot at the upcoming 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (November 17–19th), to discuss all these important news and trends, and more! (10%-off promo code: sharp2015)