Neosync is an early stage company developing a new treatment for major depression based on Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). The treatment–named NEST (Neosync EEG Synchronized TMS) and undergoing clinical trials–is based on the idea that depression patients tend to have overly rhythmic brain activity, leaving critical brain regions in a low energy state. Through NEST, brain activity could be modulated via TMS, and EEG rhythms be simultaneously monitored.
- Location: Newton, MA
- Number of employees: <100
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 4
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 10
*Neosync ranked #30 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index thanks to patents such as:
- US8475354: Systems and methods for neuro-EEG synchronization therapy
- US8480554: Systems and methods for depression treatment using neuro-EEG synchronization therapy
- US8465408: Systems and methods for modulating the electrical activity of a brain using neuro-EEG synchronization therapy
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.