Founded in 1989, Natus Medical is an independent company that manufactures medical devices for a range of conditions. Their products span newborn care, neurology, sleep, hearing, and balance. Their key IP in noninvasive neurotechnology focuses on diagnostic and monitoring devices using EEG technology as a component to guide treatment for patients with potential brain damage.
- Location: San Carlos, CA
- Stock Ticker: NASDAQ:BABY
- Number of employees: 1000–9999
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 13
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 4
*Natus Medical #28 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6931274: Processing EEG signals to predict brain damage
- US6406427: Brain rescue instrument and method
- US7575005: Mask assembly with integrated sensors
- US6796941: Brain rescue instrument and method
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.