Dutch multinational company Philips is known for its healthcare, lighting, and consumer lifestyle products. Included in these products are a number of health monitoring and communication applications that relate to noninvasive neurotechnology. A recent partnership with Emotiv explores the brain-controlled electronics opportunities for patients with neurodegenerative disorders like ALS, (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Stock Ticker: NYSE:PHG
- Number of employees: 10,000+
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 11
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 43
*Philips ranked #18 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US7138902: Personal medical device communication system and method
- US8556951: System and method of titrating a phototherapy regime using real-time EEG readings
- US8535223: Wireless patient monitoring using streaming of medical data with body-coupled communication
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.