McLean Hospital is the third oldest psychiatric hospital in the United States and is affiliated with Harvard Medical School. McLean’s research efforts in neuroscience and psychiatry span 66 laboratories and nearly 400 research staff — it claims to have the largest research program of any private psychiatric hospital. Most of the research programs at McLean are geared towards understanding and treating mental illness. Over the years, McClean’s research has yielded a number of patents covering techniques in noninvasive neurotechnology.
- Location: Belmont, MA
- Stock Ticker:
- Number of employees: 1000–9999
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 15
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 3
*McLean Hospital Corp #16 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6572528: Magnetic field stimulation techniques
- US6475161: Methods for diagnosing Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
- US7942828: Method for determining fluctuation in attentional state and overall attentional state
- US6565518: Technique for diagnosing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.