Lumos Labs produces the popular brain training web and mobile app named Lumosity. With 60 million registered users, Lumosity is the world’s largest cognitive training service. To date, Lumos Labs has raised over $70M in funding, and the company significantly expanded its IP portfolio in 2014 through the acquisition of several patents from Scientific Learning–another cognitive training provider–who has been facing financial difficulties.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Number of employees: 100–999
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 6
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 4
*Lumos Labs ranked #13 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6280198: Remote computer implemented methods for cognitive testing
- US6234965: Methods and apparatus for improving biochemical based therapy in humans
- US6261101: Method and apparatus for cognitive training of humans using adaptive timing of exercises
- US6565359: Remote computer-implemented methods for cognitive and perceptual testing
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.