NeuroPace is a privately held company whose main product is the RNS (responsive neurostimulation) System for treatment of refractory epilepsy. Responsive neurostimulation is a technique whereby a set of electrodes detects the likely onset of an epileptic episode and applies stimulation to the brain to prevent the episode. The primary application of RNS is invasive and requires surgical implantation of the electrodes directly on the brain or within the brain. However, NeuroPace’s patent portfolio covers both invasive techniques (ECoG) and noninvasive (EEG, magnetic stimulation).
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- Number of employees: <100
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 8
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 3
*NeuroPace ranked #9 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6473639: Neurological event detection procedure using processed display channel based algorithms and devices incorporating these procedures
- US6353754: System for the creation of patient specific templates for epileptiform activity detection
- US6402678: Means and method for the treatment of migraine headaches
- US6230049: Integrated system for EEG monitoring and electrical stimulation with a multiplicity of electrodes
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.