Brainlab is a German healthcare innovation company that develops a wide array of technologies for the planning and guidance of surgery and radiosurgery. Such products are designed to continuously track surgical instruments in relation to anatomical orientation in order to provide surgeons the tools needed to complete a routine or complex procedure. Their primary product groups include neurosurgery, spinal/trauma surgery, orthopedics, and radiosurgery. Brainlab considers itself first and foremost a software company because of the software solution that underlies all image-guided surgical products.
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Number of employees: 1000–9999
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 10
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 4
*Brainlab ranked #5 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6827681: Method and device for transcranial magnetic stimulation
- US7711431: Method and device for stimulating the brain
- US7239910: Methods and devices for transcranial magnetic stimulation and cortical cartography
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.