Here you have a few fun mental exercises to train your attention and working memory (the capacity to hold multiple pieces of information in the mind, and to use them real-time). Given them a try today and over the weekend…they are not as easy as they may sound!
- Say the days of the week backwards, then in alphabetical order. If you speak another language, try doing the same in that language.
- Say the months of the year in alphabetical order. Then, for extra cognitive challenge, try doing so backwards, in reverse alphabetical order.
- Find the sum of your date of birth, mm/dd/yyyy. Want more quick brain teasers? Do the same with friends’ and relatives’ date of birth.
- Quick, name two objects for every letter in your complete name. Work up to five objects, trying to use different items each time.
- Wherever you are, look around and within two minutes, try to find 5 green things that will fit in your pocket, and 5 red objects that are too big to fit.
Enjoyed the teasers?
If you’re looking for more brain training, check out these 50 brain teasers to challenge your cognitive ability. Free, and fun for everyone with a brain!