We had a great event last Thursday in London to discuss the future of applied neuroscience and gaming. Thank you, Brainbow/ Peak team, for hosting us, and Strategic North for helping promote it!
Many insights were shared. Perhaps one of the main take-aways was the significant opportunity at hand to leverage big data in order to personalize and refine brain training methodologies, helping brain training transfer from the training itself into real-world benefits that enhance the user’s personal and professional life.
To learn more:
- Book — The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age
- Upcoming conference — 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (October 28–30th, 2014)
- Peak brain training games
- 18 10 — 18 15: Welcome from Jessica Tres at The Brain Tumour Charity
- 18 15 — 18 25: Opening Remarks by Event Chair Prof. Olivier Oullier, Professor of Behavioural and Brain Sciences at Aix-Marseille University and Vice-Chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Neuroscience and Behaviour.
- 18 25 — 18 40: Keynote by Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains’ CEO & Co-Founder. Alvaro will be introducing his latest book for the first time in the UK. The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimise Brain Health and Performance at Any Age combines a user-friendly tutorial on how the brain works with evidence-based advice about how to choose and integrate lifestyle changes and brain-training applications. Alvaro, named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, runs SharpBrains, an independent market research firm tracking applied neuroscience. He has been quoted by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, AP and others, and has an MBA and MA in Education from Stanford University.
- 18 40 — 18 50: The Peak team will present its new service, Peak, as an example of the opportunities discussed during the keynote.