We are pleased to announce that, after much hard work and three global summits to discuss the latest science and best practices, The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age (April 2013; 284 pages), is now available for purchase as paperback ($15.95) and e‑book ($9.95)!
Modern life places extraordinary demands on our brains. The SharpBrains Guide helps readers discover what really works, and what doesn’t, to improve brain health and performance at any age, to delay or prevent cognitive decline, and become smarter consumers of both media coverage and scientific research in the process, by cutting through the clutter of misconceptions, superficial and conflicting media coverage, and aggressive marketing claims.
This new and much-expanded edition of the guide AARP named a Best Book on Brain Fitness combines a user-friendly tutorial on how the brain works with advice on how to choose and integrate lifestyle changes and research-based brain training to improve brain health and performance. Offering useful, pragmatic and personalized tips and suggestions that are easy to implement, the SharpBrains Guide offers a groundbreaking new approach for self-assessing current brain fitness needs and identifying the most relevant and evidence-based methods to preserve and enhance brain function throughout life. Whether your goal is to become more resilient, enhance memory, ward off Alzheimer’s disease, or simply improve mental focus to perform better at work, this how-to guide shows you exactly how to “use it or lose it.”
WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW
- Read the Foreword by Misha Pavel, PhD, Program Director at the National Science Foundation
- Check out the Full description and the Contents
- BUY YOUR COPY NOW (print $15.95; e‑book $9.95; both available in multiple countries)
- If you work at an accredited media organization or association that reviews books, please ask us for a review copy.
Your interest truly makes a difference in making this topic receive the attention and resources it deserves. Please buy your copy today, and help spread the word among colleagues, relatives and friends. We will be organizing multiple book discussions in May and June, so please start reading 🙂
Praise for the book:
- “One of those books you cannot ignore. Insightful, to the point, actionable. A book for everyone who wants to act and live smarter and healthier, based on latest neuroscience.”-Dr. Tobias Kiefer, Director Global Learning & Development, Booz & Company
- “A great start for making sense new brain science and for taking active steps towards smart health, at the individual level, and Smart Health, at the societal level.” -Misha Pavel, PhD, Program Director for the National Science Foundation’s Smart Health and Wellbeing Program
- “This is the book you need to begin to think differently about your brain and actively embrace the exciting and promising reality that your brain’s health is the cause of the century.” -Sandra Bond Chapman, PhD, Founder and Chief Director, UT-Dallas’ Center for BrainHealth
- “An essential reference on the field of brain fitness, neuroplasticity and cognitive health” -Walter Jessen, PhD, founder and editor, Highlight Health
- “Recognized by AARP as one of the best and most comprehensive source of information, this book manages to remain open minded yet adequately critical at the same‑a good model for all sharp minds to follow and benefit from.” -Dr. Peter Whitehouse, Professor of Neurology at Case Western Reserve University
- “A much-needed resource to help us better understand our brains and minds and how to nourish them through life.” -Susan E. Hoffman, Director, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC Berkeley
With best regards from the co-authors,
Alvaro Fernandez and Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg
with Dr. Pascale Michelon