Thank you to the 118 sharp minds who have already ordered their $15 tickets to celebrate Brain Awareness Week by watching the latest on neuroplasticity, brain health and innovation. We need many more well-informed ambassadors of brain health and cognitive fitness, and are proud to expand the conversation that took place at the 2012 SharpBrains Virtual Summit.
Among all the online presentations now available (check out full Summit Agenda), let me share the five that impressed me the most. Each one provides an excellent entry point into the wealth of information and insights shared by 40+ speakers, so you can select the one most relevant to your interests, and start watching there. (If you don’t have your pass yet, click here to order one).
- How will Health incorporate Brain? What will it take for the brain to receive as much attention and proactive care as the heart does, both as a key organ on its own and as a key enabler of health.
- How Nationwide Insurance rolled-out a Brain-based Corporate Wellness Initiative. An in-depth case study outlining business rationale, vendor selection, pilot test and roll-out, and return-on-investment.
- How will the era of Big Data and Global Virtual Access transform brain health? What are the opportunities and challenges to improve standards of brain and mental health care in light of emerging digital tools and global access to expertise and integrated databases that enable detection and long-term monitoring through analysis of variations in genetics, brain structure, brain function, and behavior?
- What paths to market and business models will enable the commercialization of research-based innovation? Three innovators with combined research + business “hats” will discuss their respective paths to market, including technology/ content licensing, strategic contracts and grants, and venture capital.
- How to Set Up a Brain Fitness Center to Enhance Cognitive Retraining and Rehabilitation. Learn the nuts and bolts of opening a rehab-oriented “brain fitness center”, including staffing, measurement of behavioral/ cognitive outcomes, selection and rollout of interventions, and integration of center-based with home-based use. Learn the obstacles and tips for replicating such a center in a satellite location.
–> You can ORDER A $15 PASS NOW (regular price is $295). Pass holders receive two-month log-in access to the online presentations, beginning on March 11th.