Time for SharpBrains’ April 2012 eNewsletter, featuring new perspectives and research on how, and why, we can think about shaping our brains for better lifelong health and functioning.
- Why I Wrote The Woman Who Changed Her Brain, by Barbara Arrowsmith-Young
- Protect Your Asset by Being Your Own Brain Fitness Coach, by Alvaro Fernandez
- Promising New Neurocognitive Intervention for Preschoolers with ADHD (TEAMS), by Dr. David Rabiner
New Research & Resources:
- Daniel Kahneman on the Need to Think Slow (at times)
- Why our brains weigh 1.3 kilograms, have ~100 billion neurons, consume 20% of the oxygen we breathe
- Can You Make Yourself Smarter? Yes. Real question is, How?
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, delivered as a Videogame, Can Help Lower Anxiety and Depression
- Connecting the (Brain) Dots: Understanding Brain Functional Networks
- New WHO Report: Global dementia cases expected to exceed 115 million by 2050
- We thank three new 2012 SharpBrains Summit Sponsors: AboutMyBrain, Advanced Brain Technologies, UnitedBioSource Corporation
Note: Please remember that 2012 SharpBrains Summit early-bird registration rates end tomorrow, Tuesday May 1st. We hope you can join us! To Learn More and Register, please Click Here.
Have a great month of May!