We are very excited to announce our newly released Brain Fitness for Sharp Brains: Your New New Year Resolution. We wrote it in order to provide an introduction to the concept, science, and practice of brain fitness in plain English, by answering the Top 25 questions we have received over the last four months. Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg, Alvaro Fernandez and myself (Caroline) have been working hard on this.
You can click here to get your copy of the complete guide. Otherwise, keep checking back this blog, as we will publish a new question and its answer every Monday and Thursday before 9AM Pacific Standard Time. If we missed your pressing question, let us know!
Here is a sneak preview of the questions we will be answering …
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Top 25 Questions About Brain Fitness Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
Defining Brain Fitness
- What are cognitive abilities?
- Are cognitive abilities the same thing as intelligence?
- What is brain fitness?
- Is brain fitness scientifically proven to improve cognitive skills?
Brain Fitness Programs
- DoI really need a brain fitness program?
- How do I start a brain fitness program?
- I already do crosswords and sudoku. Do I need anything else?
- Why are computer programs better than paper-based ones or simply attending a class in person?
- How do I know if the computer-based programs work?
- Why are so many programs appearing now?
- Is it necessary to train under the supervision of a doctor or other specialist?
- What does Ã¢â‚¬Å“normal agingÃ¢â‚¬Â mean? Do we all age the same way?
- Are there specific programs for adults?
- Does a brain fitness program prevent AlzheimerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s disease and other forms of dementia?
- I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t want to ever retire. What can I do to remain sharp?
The Other Pillars of Brain Fitness
- Are yoga and meditation good for my brain?
- Are there herbal and vitamin supplements that will protect my memory?
- Is physical fitness important?
Specific Topics in Brain Fitness
- How can I improve my concentration and my memory?
- Can a brain fitness program help me become more creative?
- I am a busy executive with a challenging job. All this doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t sound very relevant to me.
- Are there specific programs for kids? My kids have problems with math-why should they do these things that may distract them?
- During my pregnancy, I felt really absent-minded. Is this normal? What can I do?
- Ever since menopause, I canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t really think or concentrate as I used to. Is this normal? What can I do?
- I play casual games online, such as Bejeweled. Is that good? Do I need something else?
Neuroscience Interview Series
Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg
Dr. Daniel Gopher
Dr. Torkel Klingberg
Dr. Brett N. Steenbarger
Dr. James Zull