Watch 3-minute tutorial (opens YouTube video)
The 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (Sept 19–20, 2013) will feature over 30 of the world’s top scientists, innovators and decision-makers working on ways to enhance behavioral and brain health via neuroscience-based innovation. Confirmed Summit Chairs and Speakers include 8 trailblazers named Young Global Leaders by the World Economic Forum, and pioneers at the National Science Foundation, UCLA, UT-Dallas, Brain Resource, NeuroSky, InterAxon, Digital Artefacts. Learn more and register
By: Alvaro Fernandez
We’re having a good conversation among SharpBrains Summit participants, prompted by the blog post Lifelong brain wellness and performance–not medical disease–drives growing demand for digital brain health solutions. In what is a beautiful example of the need to see both the forest and the trees Read the rest of this entry »
By: Yann Renard
As an active participant in the OpenViBE project (a software platform to design, test and use Brain-Computer Interfaces), in scientific as well as technical capacities, I have long been focused on ways to process, analyze and put brain signals to practical use. When I started reading on the subject of brain fitness a few years ago, I recognized the potential to enhance a variety of brain training approaches, from meditation to cognitive training, by deploying Read the rest of this entry »
The 2012 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: Optimizing Health through Neuroplasticity, Innovation and Data, held June 7-14th, concluded with a call to enhance brain health by harnessing neuroplasticity-based applications, big data platforms and consumer interest to augment the traditional reliance on disease-based pharmacological interventions and fragmented clinical trials.
All sessions held during the 2012 SharpBrains Virtual Summit were recorded, and all audiovisual recordings are available now for online access until July 31th, 2013. How to Watch 2012 SharpBrains Summit Recordings:
- If you already have login information, you can simply visit the Summit Agenda and click on the session you want to watch
- If you want to order 1-year access to Summit Recordings, Click HERE. You can order the Full Recordings for all 4-Days of 2012 SharpBrains Summit (including 2 days of Summit, Expo Day, and Educational Workshops; all for $325), or order the Recordings corresponding to one particular day ($150).
We are proud to report that 95% of respondents in a post-Summit survey expressed a High or Very High level of satisfaction with their Summit experience and with the Quality of Content. We are even prouder to have started receiving glowing endorsements from research leaders and industry innovators including: Read the rest of this entry »
Dr. Bilder will discuss Crowdsourcing Big Brain Data: The 90% Solution, at the upcoming 2012 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (June 7-14th, 2012).
Dr. Robert Bilder is the Chief of Medical Psychology — Neuropsychology and Director of the Tennenbaum Center for the Biology of Creativity in the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at UCLA. He is the Michael E. Tennenbaum Family Professor of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences, at the David Geffen School of Medicine. Read the rest of this entry »
Study offers more proof for the power of placebo, say UCLA researchers (UCLA press release):
– “While the relationship between prior treatment and the brain’s response to subsequent treatment is unknown, a new study by UCLA researchers suggests that how the brain responds to antidepressant medication may be influenced by its remembering of past antidepressant exposure.” Read the rest of this entry »
Let us share below a list of 40 common brain fitness, brain health, brain training questions that we will make sure to address during the upcoming online course, How to Be Your Own Brain Fitness Coach in 2012 (starts March 7th). The questions are sequenced by their approximate order of appearance in the syllabus. We look forward to an engaging, interactive and valuable experience! ***Please remember that course registration ends on Sunday, March 4th.***
Top 40 Brain Fitness & Training Questions
- How can one define brain fitness
- What is link between stress, focus and memory
- Does “brain age” even exist
- How to enhance overall mental productivity, vs just IQ
- Is there some “ceiling” to my improvement or can I always try more things
- How brain functions evolve with age. What improves, what declines, what should I be paying attention to Read the rest of this entry »