Understanding Individual Differences: UC Riverside psychology professor receives $1.9 million grant to study memory training (press release):
“Aaron Seitz, a psychology professor at the University of California, Riverside and the director of the UCR Brain Game Center for mental fitness and wellbeing, and Susanne Jaeggi, an associate professor at the school of education at UC Irvine, have been awarded a $1.9 million grant to study memory training Read the rest of this entry »
We’re honored to announce 12 new world-class speakers at the upcoming 2016 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: Reinventing Brain Health in the Digital Age (December 6-8th). More to come…this may well become the most diverse and stimulating brainstorming on the present and future of brain health and enhancement!
We can’t wait to hear from:
- Alexandra Morehouse, CMO at Banner Health
- Dr. Corey McCann, CEO of Pear Therapeutics
- Dr. Gahan Pandina, Senior Director, Venture Leader at Janssen Research & Development
- Dr. Judson Brewer, Founder & Research Lead of Claritas Mindsciences
- Dr. Lara Boyd, Director of the Brain Behavior Lab at the University of British Columbia
- Dr. Margaret Grabb, Chief of SBIR/STTR programs at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Dr. Michael Merzenich, Winner of the 2016 Kavli Prize in Neuroscience
- Nikhil Sriraman, IP Analyst at SharpBrains
- Richard Varn, Director of the Center for Advanced Technology and Neuroscience at Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- Ron Riesenbach, Managing Director of the Canadian Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (CC-ABHI)
- Dr. Sandra Bond Chapman, Founder and Director, Center for BrainHealth at The University of Texas at Dallas
- Tan Le, CEO of Emotiv
NIH Director’s Statement Regarding Dr. Thomas Insel’s Departure:
“After serving 13 years as Director for the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Thomas R. Insel, M.D., will step down effective November 1, 2015…he is definitely not retiring. He is planning to join the Google Life Sciences Read the rest of this entry »
Enjoy these great presentations on the future of non-invasive neurotech, delivered at the 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit and featuring:
- Dr. Bruce Cuthbert, Director of Adult Translational Research and Treatment Development at the NIMH
- Charles Fisher, President of Fisher Wallace Laboratories
- Chair: James Cavuoto, Editor and Publisher at Neurotech Reports
We are proud to share that Dr. Thomas Insel, Director of the National Institute of Mental Health and neurotechnology visionary, will open the 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit on Tuesday, October 28th.
Prior to this appointment at NIMH, Dr. Insel was Professor of Psychiatry at Emory University, where he was founding director of the Center for Behavioral Neuroscience. He has published over 250 scientific articles and four books, served on numerous academic, scientific, and professional committees and boards, and is a recipient of several awards, including the Outstanding Service Award from the U.S. Public Health Service. Dr. Insel graduated from the combined B.A.-M.D. program at Boston University, did his internship at Berkshire Medical Center, Massachusetts, and his residency at the Langley Porter Neuropsychiatric Institute at the University of California, San Francisco.
–> Explore the Agenda at 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit, and consider joining us October 28-30th!