Technology and innovation expert Jerry Michalski hosted on May 6th a great Yi-Tan Conversation titled Change Your Brain Trajectory, discussing the new book The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age with co-author Alvaro Fernandez.
–> You can listen to the 16-minute summary HERE
Description: We occasionally take excursions into our gray matter. Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Heads up: these are some of my upcoming talks, starting tomorrow with a brief insight blast on Upgrading education and health with the brain in mind at the World Economic Forum on Latin America. If you’re a SharpBrains friend and speaking at/ attending any, please let me know so we can connect.
- April 23–25, Lima, Peru: Upgrading education and health with the brain in mind, at the World Economic Forum on Latin America 2013
- May 1–2, San Francisco: Think, Think, Think: Cognitive Gaming Platforms, at Neurogaming
- May 15–16, Toronto: The Web as a Gym for the Brain, at mesh13
- May 20, Washington, DC: Innovating for the 50+, at Aging 2.0
- June 12, Victoria, BC, Canada: How Can We Invest In Our Brains To Boost Innovation and Resilience, at the Conference Board of Canada’s Annual Council of Human Resource Executives
The 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit will feature nearly 40 of the world’s top scientists, innovators and decision-makers addressing the central theme of “How Can Neuroscience-based Innovation Enhance Behavioral and Brain Health?”
The two-day virtual summit will include eight to ten panel discussions chaired by some of the world’s most accomplished and inspiring young trailblazers, recognized as Young Global Leaders (YGLs) by the World Economic Forum. The seven YGLs who have joined the Summit’s Steering Group are:
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains (YGL Class of 2012);
- Andrew Lee, VP of Emerging Business at Aetna (YGL Class of 2011);
- Corinna Lathan, CEO of AnthroTronix (YGL Class of 2006);
- Hilal Lashuel, Visiting Associate Professor at Stanford University (YGL Class of 2012);
- Jayne Plunkett, Head of Casualty Reinsurance at Swiss Re (YGL Class of 2010);
- Olivier Oullier, Professor of Behavioral and Brain Sciences at France’s Aix-Marseille University (YGL Class of 2011); and
- Tan Le, CEO of Emotiv Lifesciences (YGL Class of 2009).
To Learn More and Register, visit 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: How Can Neuroscience-based Innovation Enhance Behavioral and Brain Health?
How will you be celebrating Brain Awareness Week next week (March 11th–17th , 2013)?
Here’s a suggestion: you can start watching, at a special 95% pricing discount, more than 25 hours of exclusive presentations from over 40 leading minds as they discuss the latest on applied neuroplasticity and brain health. These presentations, which took place during the 2012 SharpBrains Virtual Summit, shed light on some of the most important priorities for brain health today and in the future: Read the rest of this entry »
By: David Coleiro
Much of healthcare delivery has traditionally been set-up to deal with a ‘brainless body’; yet we consistently complain that we cannot change patient and consumer behaviours and maintain adherence to treatment programmes. Healthcare systems are now recognising the limits of this model and that there are major benefits to better comprehending and engaging cognitive function Read the rest of this entry »
We will discuss the main findings and innovation opportunities/ challenges identified in SharpBrains’ new market report The Digital Brain Health Market 2012–2020: Web-based, mobile and biometrics-based technology to assess, monitor and enhance cognition and brain functioning.
When: Wednesday, January 30th, 2013, 1–2.30pm US Eastern Time (live webinar will be recorded for later viewing by registrants) Read the rest of this entry »
As we’re preparing to release a major market report, we’d like to ensure we have all interested reporters, analysts and bloggers in our Media List. If you’re interested in brain health & innovation and want to be notified as soon as the report becomes available, please Fill This Form and let us know a bit about the publication/s you are writing for. Thank you!