By: Greater Good Magazine
When I was 10 years old, I hated doing the dishes. In an attempt to talk my parents out of making me do this hated chore, I pretended to be ill by hanging my head, sighing, sniffling, and walking lethargically to my bedroom, all to no avail—I still had to do those dishes.
But, the next day, I woke up with the flu —a 104-degree fever and stomach pains to match. Boy, were my parents surprised! And, so was I. But, how many of us have had similar experiences, where our minds seemed to somehow impact our bodies in weird, unexplainable ways? How many of us have made doctors’ appointments only to watch our fevers drop or held our children close and stopped their coughing fits? Clearly, something is going on, isn’t it? Read the rest of this entry »
Dear SharpBrains friend,
To honor Brain Awareness Week 2016, anyone who registers (and, of course, anyone who has registered already) to our upcoming Webinar: 50 Must-Know Facts to Harness Neuroplasticity & Technology For Better Brain Health will gain complimentary 6-month access to the full recordings from the 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit. The 15+ hours of recordings feature talks by 30+ experts and innovators, such as: Read the rest of this entry »
What will you be doing on Thursday April 21st?
We encourage you to join a fascinating SharpBrains webinar that day, and discover 50 core facts required to better navigate and apply latest brain science. Our distinguished Faculty–Dr. Robert Bilder @ UCLA, Tan Le @ Emotiv, Alvaro Fernandez @ SharpBrains–will clarify hot topics such as genetics vs. lifestyle, IQ vs creativity and resilience, left/ right brain hemispheres, cognitive enhancement, brain supplements, learning styles, brain training, meditation, neurofeedback, neurogenesis, neuroplasticity, and more.
When: Thursday, April 21st, 2016. 10:30am-noon US Pacific Time/ 1.30-3pm US Eastern Time.
To Learn More & Register:
- Click HERE (USD 50)
- 20%-off discount code for the SharpBrains community: SB20
Cheers and let’s all become well-informed brain owners and brain health ambassadors!
These are the 10 most popular SharpBrains resources in 2015, spanning a wide range of brain, health & neurotechnology topics and available in multiple platforms:
1. Best practices to assess and enhance brain function via mobile devices and wearables (Slidedeck)
2. Brain Health in the Pervasive Neurotechnology Era (Slidedeck)
3. SharpBrains @ New York Public Library: Practical Advice to Keep Your Brain Sharp (YouTube video)
4. Why We Need to Retool “Use It Or Lose It”: Healthy Brain Aging (ICAA article)
5. Under what conditions does brain training work? (Slidedeck)
6. Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment and Business (Infographic)
7. Review of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness (Scientific American blog) — The book is now available in English, Spanish, Japanese and Polish!
8. How Does a Child’s Brain Learn? (Slidedeck)
9. Solving the Brain Fitness Puzzle Is the Key to Self-Empowered Aging (Generations article)
10. 25 Key References to Navigate the Brain Health and Neurotechnology Revolution ( SharpBrains article)
We hope you enjoy them, and share your favorites with other sharp friends and colleagues! To stay on top of new articles and resources, you can follow us via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and our eNewsletter.
And, if you are looking for some additional cognitive stimulation, check out these great brain teasers, games and illusions, for adults of any age!
The SharpBrains Team
During Expo Day selected Summit Sponsors showcased their latest initiatives and solutions:
- Preview the Future of Brain Health with Anu Acharya, Founder and CEO of MapMyGenome
- The Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation (ARPF): Discuss new science and prevention initiatives with President Dr. Dharma Singh Khalsa.
- FitBrains (a Rosetta Stone company): Explore ongoing big data research with Conny Lin, Data Research Scientist & Policy Analyst.
–> This presentation took place @ The 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (full recordings are available for purchase)
Pioneers advancing health research, prevention and treatment helped us understand emerging best practices where Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Proud to share that the Japanese edition of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness is becoming a bestseller book in the Health and Science sections of Amazon Japan, helped no doubt by this great review article in Newsweek Japan.
If you speak Japanese, please pick up a copy of the book, and spread the word with others!
–> Japanese edition of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness, available in softcover and Kindle editions. Other available languages: Read the rest of this entry »