These are the 10 most popular SharpBrains resources in 2015, spanning a wide range of brain, health & neurotechnology topics and available in multiple platforms:
1. Best practices to assess and enhance brain function via mobile devices and wearables (Slidedeck)
2. Brain Health in the Pervasive Neurotechnology Era (Slidedeck)
3. SharpBrains @ New York Public Library: Practical Advice to Keep Your Brain Sharp (YouTube video)
4. Why We Need to Retool “Use It Or Lose It”: Healthy Brain Aging (ICAA article)
5. Under what conditions does brain training work? (Slidedeck)
6. Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment and Business (Infographic)
7. Review of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness (Scientific American blog) — The book is now available in English, Spanish, Japanese and Polish!
8. How Does a Child’s Brain Learn? (Slidedeck)
9. Solving the Brain Fitness Puzzle Is the Key to Self-Empowered Aging (Generations article)
10. 25 Key References to Navigate the Brain Health and Neurotechnology Revolution ( SharpBrains article)
We hope you enjoy them, and share your favorites with other sharp friends and colleagues! To stay on top of new articles and resources, you can follow us via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and our eNewsletter.
And, if you are looking for some additional cognitive stimulation, check out these great brain teasers, games and illusions, for adults of any age!
The SharpBrains Team
During Expo Day selected Summit Sponsors showcased their latest initiatives and solutions:
- Preview the Future of Brain Health with Anu Acharya, Founder and CEO of MapMyGenome
- The Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation (ARPF): Discuss new science and prevention initiatives with President Dr. Dharma Singh Khalsa.
- FitBrains (a Rosetta Stone company): Explore ongoing big data research with Conny Lin, Data Research Scientist & Policy Analyst.
–> This presentation took place @ The 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (full recordings are available for purchase)
Pioneers advancing health research, prevention and treatment helped us understand emerging best practices where Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Proud to share that the Japanese edition of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness is becoming a bestseller book in the Health and Science sections of Amazon Japan, helped no doubt by this great review article in Newsweek Japan.
If you speak Japanese, please pick up a copy of the book, and spread the word with others!
–> Japanese edition of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness, available in softcover and Kindle editions. Other available languages: Read the rest of this entry »
Take-aways from 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (Neurotech News):
“In November (17th-19th) SharpBrains held its Virtual Summit about “Monitoring & Enhancing Brain Health in the Pervasive Neurotechnology Era.” The SharpBrains Virtual Summit is, as you might guess, a virtual (online) conference…The virtual summit had it’s own division of topics for grouping the different speakers (see agenda), but I’ll break it down in a different way here. I’ll break it down into the following 4 main categories:
- 1. Brain & Cognitive Training
- 2. Wearables, Consumer & DIY
- 3. Brain Health (healthcare)
- 4. Neurotech Field & Trends
Alvaro Fernandez started the conference by reminding us that we should keep in mind not to look at the field and the market as it is today, but how it will be in couple years from now. As illustrated beautifully in Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
What a fantastic event this was — thank you to the over 200 registered Summit participants in 15 countries for your contributions during three very stimulating days at the leading edge of brain health and technology!
All Session Recordings are now available: 30+ Speakers, 15+ Hours of Discussion including both talks and Q&A sessions.
How to Watch the Summit Recordings:
a) If you participated in the Summit, you can click on any session in the Summit Agenda, and use same log-in credentials
b) If you didn’t, you can register and purchase access Here ($125)
Match made in nutritional heaven: Nestlé launches Wellness Club (press release):
‘Nestlé Japan has launched the company’s first personalised health support service. Nestlé Wellness Club provides subscribers with nutritional support based on data about their physical activity, dietary information and brain training scores, Read the rest of this entry »