Time for SharpBrains’ July e-newsletter, wrapping up this month’s key brain-related news and insights.
First of all, a reminder to Save the Date for 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (November 17-19th), where leading experts will discuss Monitoring & Enhancing Brain Health in the Pervasive Neurotechnology Era (to register with 10% discount, use this code: sharp2015).
More on Pervasive Neurotechnologies:
Finally, we are proud to welcome “Fitness mózgu” — The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness, now in Polish!
Have a great month of August
Time for SharpBrains’ June e-newsletter, wrapping up this month’s key news and insights around brain health innovation.
New thinking to promote lifelong brain health
Emerging non-invasive neurotechnologies
Have a great, and sharp, month of July!
Just a quick note: we’ll host a webinar on January 30th to discuss key market predictions based on “The Digital Brain Health Market 2012–2020: Web-based, mobile and biometrics-based technology to assess, monitor and enhance cognition and brain functioning”, our new market report.
Here are 10 predictions, many of which will likely be realized before the end of 2013: Read the rest of this entry »
To keep reading the infographic that summarizes our new market report, Transforming Health with Digital Tools to Assess, Monitor and Enhance Cognition across the Lifespan, click HERE.
By: Alvaro Fernandez
We are proud to release today what we believe is our best market intelligence report so far, tracking how fully automated applications designed to assess, monitor and/ or enhance cognition and brain functioning are transforming brain health, and health overall.
Here are a few examples of what we mean by Digital Brain Health, selected from among the 5 Market Leaders and 10 Companies to Watch in 2013/2014 identified through our comprehensive analysis.
- A 30-minute online brain health assessment and personalized brain fitness program used by large companies like Nationwide Insurance and Accenture to improve employee’s productivity and mental wellness
- An online cognitive training program offered by several large AAA chapters to members age 50+ to improve driving safety
- A computerized cognitive behavioral therapy offered by the NHS in the UK as a first-line intervention for anxiety and depression
- A fully digital headset and platform that measures basic brain states (such as level of attention) and is being used to help people meditate better and reduce ADHD symptoms
- An iPad-based assessment that tracks cognitive performance over time to help detect concussions among football/ hockey players and military personnel Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Over 50 insightful and fun members of the worldwide SharpBrains community had the opportunity to gather in DC, New York and San Francisco last month in order to meet in person –often for the first time!- and to discuss next steps to drive meaningful innovation in the brain health and fitness space.
It is our pleasure to invite SharpBrains Summit participants to contribute to, and to learn from, this growing network, by asking them to please: Read the rest of this entry »
By: Dr. Jamie Wilson
Conferences have long been a staple of the professional calendar. Now, after a recession that has slashed travel expenditure, the landscape for events is changing. Sophisticated digital platforms are enabling virtual environments that simulate the benefits of real events, and attendees are beginning to shift to accessing subject matter experts and industry networking online.
But can the digital environment really displace brick and mortar events, where eye to eye meetings and chance connections can justify the often costly registration fees and travel costs? Read the rest of this entry »