Nov 30, 2011 Comments Off on Update: Time to become mental capitalists and invest in our brains?
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Time for the November edition of the monthly SharpBrains eNewsletter, featuring a wealth of resources and insights on how to invest in our brains, including topics such as brain health, meditation, neuropsychology, brain training games, chemo brain, dyslexia, neuroplasticity, cognitive biases, stress, and more. Not to forget a couple of fun teasers. Enjoy!
- Transcript: Alvaro Fernandez on Mental Capitalism and Non-invasive Cognitive Enhancement
- Transcript: Dr. Gary Small on Enhancing Memory and the Brain
- Transcript: Dr. Paul Nussbaum on Meditation and Neuropsychology
The Big Picture:
- Steve Jobs: Computers are the Bicycles of the Mind
- Brain Fitness: Definition, Priorities, and Links to Neuroleadership, by Alvaro Fernandez
- Is the University Centered on The Learner or the Professor?, by Miguel Angel Escotet
- Grand Rounds: Best of Health and Medical Blogging, by Alvaro Fernandez
- Can Brain Training Games and Biofeedback Help Prevent Depression, by Dr. Pascale Michelon
- ‘Chemo Brain’: MRI Shows Brain Changes After Chemotherapy
- Dyslexia not related to intelligence. Implications for discrepancy model?
- Veterans learn to use yoga and meditation exercises to reconnect with their emotions
- Applied Neuroplasticity: Rewiring the Brain to Ease Pain
- What makes your brain happy and why you should do the opposite, by David DiSalvo (We’ll have a Live Q&A on December 9th)
- How cognitive illusions blind us to reason
- The Series on Stress & the Brain, by Dr. Jerome Schultz, continues with: The Little Brain Down Under, The Stress Response Explained, The Human Brain Likes to Be in Balance, To Fight, Flee or Freeze –That is the Question
- Math Teaser: Unfinished Thesis, by Maria Lando
- Math Teaser: How to Choose a Mans Shirt, by Maria Lando
- How many Share This Article links, right below, do you know how to use? Try a couple of them and share via Facebook and Twitter!
Thank you for your interest and attention and have a great December.