Soulaima Gourani and Alvaro Fernandez will meet online and tell all you need to know on how to Train Your Brain For Success. Why? Because without a strong understanding of your brain, you will always be subject to your fears, emotions and limiting beliefs.
Sign up for this webinar and learn:
- How to Get a Sharp Brain
- How to Make good and rational decisions in your life
- How to See what you do not see (biases)
- How to design your future life and get to live the life you really want (it all begins in your brain)
- And finally some brain facts (what you simply should know about the brain)
Learn more and register HERE.
Left to right: Howard Eaton, Alvaro Fernandez, Mark Watson.
Presentation delivered by Alvaro Fernandez at the Vancouver JCC, on November 3rd, hosted by Eaton Arrowsmith.
Description: Just like the rest of our body, the brain requires care, attention and proper exercise. Yet, we often ignore this most vital organ because few know where to begin. Based on The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age, named a Best Book by AARP, co-author Alvaro Fernandez will discuss exactly how to “use it or lose it,” offering a ground breaking new approach to harness neuroplasticity and improve brain health and performance at any age, from children to younger and older adults.
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Exactly two months from today, these leading scientists, innovators and experts will discuss eight priorities to Reinvent Brain Health in the Digital Age. Please take a look at the Preliminary Agenda, and at the list of generous Summit Sponsors making the gathering possible.
Also, we have answered some Frequently Asked Questions, and prepared the brief video above (1 minute 30 seconds) to explain how it all works.
Read the rest of this entry »
By: Luc P. Beaudoin
In 2009, Winifred Gallagher published his excellent Rapt: Attention and the Focused Life, persuasively arguing that productivity, enjoyment and human development require extended periods of focusing.
The next year, Nicholas Carr published his fascinating The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains in which he argued that the Internet is ‘rewiring’ our brains. While his claim was exaggerated, information technology and the Internet certainly provide challenges to Read the rest of this entry »
We’re thrilled to announce the first round of speakers at the upcoming 2016 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (December 6-8th). More to come…stay tuned! (and register soon to benefit from early-bird rates)
We can’t wait to discuss the latest work and insights from…
- Dr. Alison Fenney, Executive Director of the Neurotechnology Industry Organization
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains
- Dr. Bob Bilder, Chief of Medical Psychology & Neuropsychology at UCLA
- Dr. Brian Iacoviello, Director of Scientific Affairs at Click Therapeutics
- Charlie Hartwell, Operating Partner at The Bridge Builders Collaborative
- Derek Luke, CEO of InteraXon
- Dr. Eddie Martucci, CEO of Akili Interactive Labs
- Dr. Elizabeth Zelinski, Director of the Center for Digital Aging at the Davis School of Gerontology
- Jessica Poulin, Managing Director of the Arrowsmith Program
- Dr. Kenneth Kosik, Co-Director of the Neuroscience Research Institute at UC-Santa Barbara
- Margaret Moore, Co-Founder of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital
- Michael Meagher, President of Cogniciti
- Dr. Peter Whitehouse, Professor of Neurology at Case Western Reserve University
- Rita Carter, Science writer and BBC Contributor
- Ruth Poliakine Baruchi, CEO of MyndYou
- Dr. Sarah Banks, Head of Neuropsychology at the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Dr. Tej Tadi, CEO of MindMaze