Oct 27, 2015
Time for SharpBrains’ October e-newsletter, wrapping up this month’s key brain-related news. First of all, here’s a brain teaser for you: How many haircuts do you think happen in America every year?
- How to best civilize the mobile brain health and brain training Wild West (Tip: Consumer education may help more than pure regulation)
- The Neurotechnology Revolution: “The future is here; it’s just not evenly distributed yet”
- Pros and Cons of latest wearable tech trend: Mood-altering electrical brain stimulation
- Why do (some) college students misuse ADHD medication?
- To reach your cognitive potential across the whole lifespan, augment healthy lifestyle with brain training
- Scientists call for network of “brain observatories” to accelerate neurotechnology research and innovation
- Growing demand for digital psychotherapies to help veterans deal with substance abuse, depression, problem solving and insomnia
Food for thought:
- Training our brains with novelty, challenge…and videogames (20-minute panel discussion)
- Para mejorar nuestra salud cerebral y rendimiento mental, desmontemos primero estos diez mitos sobre el cerebro
- Technology to enable patient-centered, collaborative behavioral health and chronic care management
Finally, here are a few visual illusions to tease our brains and minds…and, also, please don’t forget to Register and Reserve your spot at the upcoming 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (November 17-19th), to discuss all these important news and trends, and more! (10%-off promo code: sharp2015)