Aug 30, 2013
Time for SharpBrains’ August 2013 e-newsletter, featuring 8 excellent interviews with Speakers and Participants in the 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (September 19-20th), 7 insightful media stories, and more. Enjoy!
- Sandra Chapman: Using innovative thinking, and brain training, we can rewire the brain at every level
- Lynn Steffes: Let’s better integrate physical therapy and cognitive fitness
- Cori Lathan: It’s time for an annual brain check-up, a “brain thermometer”
- Robert Bilder: We are embarking on the next stage of human evolution
- Dharma Singh Khalsa: Why are yoga and meditation often overlooked for healthy brain aging?
- Stephanie Korszen: Let’s improve mental self-awareness, starting with the role of fatigue
- Sherrie All: A neuropsychologist shaping the future of cognitive wellness
- John Todor: To reach brain potential, we need less individual “improv”
SharpBrains in the News:
- 5 ways to protect your brain, and boost your career (CNNMoney)
- Cuida tu cerebro y mejora tu carrera (CNNExpansion)
- Commercializing neuroscience (The Economist)
- Mentally fit — Workouts at the brain gym (The New Yorker)
- Growth of brain fitness industry prompts creation of new online memory checkup (Canadian Press)
- How to Keep Your Brain Sharp (Greater Good Science Center at UC-Berkeley)
- Brain fitness interview with Alvaro Fernandez (Brain Science Podcast)
Book review contest:
- The winners are: Deborah Zamin, Frank Ra, Matt Barret, Nelson Calderon, Ellen Sommers and Annette Goodman. Thank you very much for your thoughtful and valuable reviews!
You can REGISTER HERE with a 20% discount using promotional code: sharp2020