Aug 15, 2013
We are proud to share that the Greater Good Science Center at UC-Berkeley just published a very positive book review of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness:
“When it comes to health advice, there is often so much contradictory information out there in the media that it’s hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. The same goes for information about brain fitness. With all the myriad of articles out there about what one can do to preserve cognitive function as you age, it’s nice to see the new book, The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness, where all of the relevant information is in one place…the book is a succinct and informative guide to cognitive and neuroscience research, with tips for increasing brain fitness included.”
Now we encourage every reader to share his or her own impressions of the book. We know writing a good review requires effort, so in appreciation we will issue complimentary passes to the 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (September 19-20th) to the authors of the five book reviews that, in our judgement, best…
- display a thoughtful understanding and appreciation of the book’s objective and approach
- discuss at least one piece of knowledge or tip that you are planning to put into practice as a consequence of reading the book
- encourage other likely readers to give it a try and read the book too
Please note that the reviews don’t need to be exhaustive: 3-5 well-written paragraphs can go a long way. The mechanics will be as follows:
- You can send an email with a link to your review of The SharBrains Guide to Brain Fitness to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of Tuesday, August 27th. The review can appear in the website where you bought the book, in book communities such as Goodreads, or in relevant websites/ blogs.
- We will announce the winners via SharpBrains e-Newsletter ad blog on Friday, August 30th
We look forward to reading many good reviews, and to inviting five additional sharp minds to join our upcoming Summit!
PS: If any of the winners are already registered to participate in the Summit, we’ll reimburse the registration cost