Dec 4, 2012
By: Alvaro Fernandez
We are proud to release today what we believe is our best market intelligence report so far, tracking how fully automated applications designed to assess, monitor and/ or enhance cognition and brain functioning are transforming brain health, and health overall.
Here are a few examples of what we mean by Digital Brain Health, selected from among the 5 Market Leaders and 10 Companies to Watch in 2013/2014 identified through our comprehensive analysis.
- A 30-minute online brain health assessment and personalized brain fitness program used by large companies like Nationwide Insurance and Accenture to improve employee’s productivity and mental wellness
- An online cognitive training program offered by several large AAA chapters to members age 50+ to improve driving safety
- A computerized cognitive behavioral therapy offered by the NHS in the UK as a first-line intervention for anxiety and depression
- A fully digital headset and platform that measures basic brain states (such as level of attention) and is being used to help people meditate better and reduce ADHD symptoms
- An iPad-based assessment that tracks cognitive performance over time to help detect concussions among football/ hockey players and military personnel
This new 211-page market report tracks developments at over fifty public and private companies offering fully automated applications designed to assess, monitor and/ or enhance cognition and brain functioning, and provides important industry data, insights and analysis to help executives, entrepreneurs, technology/ health innovators and policy makers navigate the opportunities and risks of the rapidly growing Digital Brain Health field. The report discusses the technology and market opportunities arising from growing neuroscience findings on healthy aging, peak performance, and a number of disorders such as attention deficits, dyslexia, stroke and traumatic brain injury, schizophrenia, mild cognitive impairment, and Alzheimer’s disease. The report also provides information and frameworks to help institutions make informed investment, partnering and purchase decisions.
The report includes:
- Survey: The complete results of an exclusive March-April 2012 market survey with 3,000+ respondents
- Vendor analysis: A proprietary Market & Research Momentum Matrix to categorize 47 technology vendors into four categories, combined with 53 in-depth company profiles
- Proprietary Market data: 2005–2012 market estimates and 2013–2020 market projections per customer segment and technology type; 8 Industry Perspectives written by key industry leaders
- Innovation case studies: Ten detailed case studies prepared by the Top 10 Finalists in the 2010 Brain Fitness Innovation Awards
- Research analysis: 23 Research Executive Briefs written by leading scientists at prominent research labs
To Learn More: