Aug 31, 2012
Time for SharpBrains’ August 2012 eNewsletter, featuring in this occasion multiple insightful perspectives on how emerging brain and cognitive science can be applied to improve education, clinical practice, productivity and daily living.
- Does Brain Fitness Require Medicalization? (or, Is Having a Brain a Medical Condition?), by Dr. Philip Toman
- New Study shows Teens with ADHD helped by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, by Dr. David Rabiner
- In the Age of Google, Should Schools Teach Memorization Skills?, by Dr. Bill Klemm
- Navigating The Many Dangers of Experience and Think Fresh: When Is a Hammer Not a Hammer?, by Dr. Shlomo Breznitz & Collins Hemingway
Research and News:
- Why Managing Stress is Crucial for Brain Fitness
- The Mental Game: How High-Level Athletes Remain Calm and Focused
- Brain training (cognitive behavioural therapy) seen as most cost-effective treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Lumos Labs (developer of lumosity.com) raises $31.5 million
- The (Tailored) Future of New Driver Training
Have a nice Labor Day Weekend!
(Source of brain pic: BigStockPhoto)