Apr 30, 2012
Time for SharpBrains’ April 2012 eNewsletter, featuring new perspectives and research on how, and why, we can think about shaping our brains for better lifelong health and functioning.
- Why I Wrote The Woman Who Changed Her Brain, by Barbara Arrowsmith-Young
- Protect Your Asset by Being Your Own Brain Fitness Coach, by Alvaro Fernandez
- Promising New Neurocognitive Intervention for Preschoolers with ADHD (TEAMS), by Dr. David Rabiner
New Research & Resources:
- Daniel Kahneman on the Need to Think Slow (at times)
- Why our brains weigh 1.3 kilograms, have ~100 billion neurons, consume 20% of the oxygen we breathe
- Can You Make Yourself Smarter? Yes. Real question is, How?
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, delivered as a Videogame, Can Help Lower Anxiety and Depression
- Connecting the (Brain) Dots: Understanding Brain Functional Networks
- New WHO Report: Global dementia cases expected to exceed 115 million by 2050
- We thank three new 2012 SharpBrains Summit Sponsors: AboutMyBrain, Advanced Brain Technologies, UnitedBioSource Corporation
Note: Please remember that 2012 SharpBrains Summit early-bird registration rates end tomorrow, Tuesday May 1st. We hope you can join us! To Learn More and Register, please Click Here.
Have a great month of May!