Oct 19, 2009
By: Alvaro Fernandez
You can see speakers and agenda by clicking on SharpBrains Summit. Please register if you are interested in participating: January 18-20th 2010 (Pacific Time).
- Conference: January 18-19th. 9-10 panels to discuss Market and Research Insights, together with online discussions.
- Expo Day: January 20th. Product demos by Sponsors.
Confirmed speakers and themes:
Monday, January 18th, 2010:
Cognition and Neuroplasticity: The New Healthcare Frontier
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO, SharpBrains
- David Whitehouse, Chief Medical Officer, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- William Reichman, President, Baycrest
- P Murali Doraiswamy, Biological Psychiatry Division Head, Duke University
Tools for Safer Driving: Teenagers and Older Adults
- Steven Aldrich, CEO, Posit Science
- Peter Christianson, President of Young Drivers of Canada
- Jerri Edwards, Assoc. Professor University of South Florida
Clinical Applications: Researching, Identifying, Treating Cognitive Deficits
- Keith Wesnes, Practice Leader, United BioSource Corporation
- Jonas Jendi, CEO, Cogmed
- Michel Noir, President, Scientific Brain Training
- Elkhonon Goldberg, Chief Scientific Advisor, SharpBrains
Preventive Applications: Maintaining Cognitive Functions for Independent Living
- Kunal Sarkar, CEO, Lumos Labs
- Elizabeth Zelinski, Professor at USD Davis School of Gerontology
- Dan Michel, CEO, Dakim
Tuesday January 19th, 2010:
New Cognitive/ Emotional Health Assessments
- Evian Gordon, CEO, Brain Resource
- Misha Pavel, Biomedical Engineering Division Head, OHSU
- Albert Skip Rizzo, Co-Director VR Psych Lab at USC
Integrating Cognition with Home Health and Medical Home Models
- Kenneth Kosik, Co-Director, UC Santa Barbara Neuroscience Research Institute
- Holly Jimison, Assoc. Professor, Oregon Health & Science University
- Jesse Wright, Director Depression Center, University of Louisville
Moving From Mental Health Disorders to Brain Functionality
- Torkel Klingberg, Professor Cognitive Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute
- Joshua Steinerman, Assoc. Professor, Albert Einstein – Montefiore Medical Center
- Yaakov Stern, Cognitive Neuroscience Division Leader, Columbia University
Entrepreneurial And Funding Perpectives
- Tim Chang, Partner, Norwest Venture Partners
- Richard Levinson, President, Attention Control Systems
- Veronika Litinski, Director, MaRS Venture Group
For Whom: healthcare, high-tech, insurance, research, policy, decision-makers and practitioners, worldwide.
How: we’ll use online tools for webinars, discussions, networking, and have social gatherings in cities with enough critical mass. We want to replicate the “conference experience” as much as possible without having people travel from all over the place to one city and hotel.
Learn more and register at SharpBrains Summit.