Apr 23, 2007
By: Caroline Latham
We are very excited to announce a workshop hosted jointly by the Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes (OLLI) at University of California, Berkeley and San Francisco State University and SharpBrains (us!). We are offering a three-day workshop for educators and brain fitness practitioners seeking instructional certification in the SharpBrains course, Exercising Our Brains.
“SharpBrains has introduced the first science-based brain fitness center with information and programs to help people of all ages exercise their brains. They have offered the popular Exercising Our Brains course at SF State’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) since October 2005.”
Are you seeing all the articles about Brain Fitness in the popular press and wondering,“What is this all about?, “Can someone help me navigate through all the programs out there? “How is Brain Fitness relevant to me in my personal life or at work?. As the leading source of information and education on Brain Fitness, we have delivered a series of customized training sessions to companies and organizations that combine modules -including scientific overview, the industry trends and key players, fun team-building exercises- that can be tailored to your organization’s specific needs. Sessions last from 1 to 6 hours, depending on your group’s composition and agenda and are delivered either in person or via web conference. If you want more information on SharpBrains workshops for your institution click on Workshops.
Who should attend:
Educators and practitioners who are seeking to teach the course Exercising Our Brains. Ideal candidates are: educators who are working in the area of psychology, health, and wellness, and who are ideally already affiliated with learning centers eager to offer a brain fitness class.
Instructor: Alvaro Fernandez
Schedule # 92621 CE 8782 Section N 01 What you will learn:
- the science behind the four pillars for brain health, with special emphasis on brain exercise
- how to teach the class, combining both theory with engaging group activities
- how to evaluate the growing number of computer-based brain fitness programs in the market
- how to answer the most frequent questions on brain exercise and on the course
What you will take home:
- the SharpBrains Instructor Certification will enable you to use SharpBrains curriculum and receive support for 2 years
- materials you will need to teach the course Exercising Our Brains including 150 PowerPoint slides
- the 40-page guide Brain Fitness 101, by Alvaro Fernandez and Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg
- access to SharpBrains growing network of informational resources
To inquire about registering for this workshop, contact Alvaro Fernandez by calling 888.742.7765 or by e-mailing mailto:email@example.com?subject=Train the Trainer Workshop.
“…the adult brain retains impressive powers of ‘neuroplasticity’ the ability to change its structure and function in response to experience.”
Sharon Begley, Wall Street Journal, Science Editor
“In the same way that physical exercise promotes muscle growth, recent research has shown that targeted mental exercise promotes neurogenesis”
Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg, neuroscientist, author of The Executive Brain and The Wisdom Paradox, and Chief Scientific Advisor of SharpBrains