Visual Illusion Brain Teaser

What do you see?

Ambiguous Illusion

Keep look­ing at it …

You should be able to per­ceive two dif­fer­ent images.

Brain Sci­ence:
This image is an exam­ple of an ambigu­ous illu­sion — a pic­ture or object that requires per­cep­tual switch­ing between the alter­na­tive inter­pre­ta­tions of fig­ure and ground. And although you may be able to switch back and forth to see one image or the other, your eyes will not let you see both at the same time.

Our visual per­cep­tion is cre­ated by our brain’s inter­pre­ta­tion in the cere­bral cor­tex of visual infor­ma­tion enter­ing through the visual path­way. And some­times our minds get too involved in inter­pret­ing the per­cep­tual input, rather than pas­sively record­ing it, and make mis­takes, oth­er­wise known as “opti­cal illusions”.

An Indian Chief or an Eskimo

PS: Enjoy these 50 brain teasers to test your cog­ni­tive abil­ity. Free, and fun for adults of any age!

1. Jazz says:

PLs i don’t see any­thing else but a person’s side profile

Hello Jazz: try see­ing the eskimo fig­ure. A human fig­ure in a white coat walk­ing towards the right. In this view, what you see as the ear of that face is the right hand/ arm of the eskimo. What you see as the mouth is a lit­tle fold­ing in the back of the eskimo’s white coat. Better?

3. ray says:

I don’t see ANYPLACE here that says “con­tinue reading”.…and it seems a lot of these say you can find and answer and there isn’t one. the one that asks you to find which shape fits says get the answer in “comment”…and noth­ing is there, you don’t get an answer if you post a com­ment either

Hello Ray: it says the answer is An Indian Chief or an Eskimo. In my pre­vi­ous com­ment I help see both options.

Will review other teasers to make sure the answers appear. Thanks

5. Lyle says:

And although you may be able to switch back and forth to see one image or the other, your eyes will not let you see both at the same time.”

That state­ment is false. I instantly saw both images and I have no trou­ble see­ing both of them at the same time.

Lyle: you may have a more evolved brain than most of us…

7. Mark says:

eskimo and indian

8. miss says:

im the same as lyle…i instantly saw two images and have no trou­ble see­ing both at the same time :)

9. Aaron says:

I see an eskimo and the head of an indian.

10. Aaron says:

I can also see both at the same time =D It’s so cool, I never tried that before. Well miss, Lyle, and I all see them both at the same time, maybe it’s more common :)

11. gothgirl818 says:

i see an eskimo and n indian

12. Theofanis says:

I see one indian and one eskimo that he is look­ing to find something

13. Linda says:

I also saw the indian and the eskimo together imme­di­ately. In fact, I have to con­cen­trate to see only one or the other. I don’t know if there’s any rela­tion­ship, but I’m also good with audio/visual pallindrome recognition.

14. Theresa says:

Wow, i only saw the indian and could NOT for the life of me find the other pic­ture. EVen when they told me what it was it took me a while and i have to STRAIN to see it. I guess that i just have a one track mind!

15. hanzel says:

i see an eskimo man..haha

Categories: Brain Teasers, Cognitive Neuroscience, Peak Performance, Professional Development, Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,