Brain teaser: the Tower of Hanoi planning puzzle

cognitive puzzlesToday we have a classic planning puzzle, good for our Frontal Lobes and executive functions, developed by mathematician Edouard Lucas in 1883 and frequently used in neuropsychological evaluations.

–> PLAY the Tower of Hanoi online

More brain teaser games:

1. eleanor says:

The MindFields College blog has linked to you, I hope you don’t mind!
    We love reading your posts!

Eleanor, I am very honored about that! Let me go further, and say I am very honoured 🙂

NB: will have to spend more time at your blog and MindFields college. From a first look, it seems we are on a very similar wavelength!

3. eleanor says:

How humourous of you, neighbour!

I’m glad you liked the look of our blog – as you can see we have only just begun it, and all readers are welcome.

We published an extract from Elkhonon Goldbergs book ‘The Wisdom Paradox’ in issue 48 of the Human Givens Journal earlier this year, I just noticed that he is on your advisory board, what a coincidence!

4. Don says:

7 moves, 13 seconds first try. Is that good, bad or average?

5. Valentina says:

i would really like to know what don wants to know… i had 7 moves 11 seconds.. where do i stand?

Both of you are right: 7 moves.

I am not aware of a normalized table for speed…but 11-13 seconds is very good based on the times we have shown this exercise during our classes.

7. miss says:

7 moves in 7 secs 🙂

8. eric says:

omg i did autosolve for 12 pegs..takes 4095 moves @.@

Miss, very impressive!

Would you like to try Eric’s suggestion 🙂

10. carlos says:

this website is great. a couple of years ago I started to experience a constant decrease in my memory when reading, remembering what i read and much difficulty to concentrate to do anything from remembering the roads when i am driving to names numbers an so on,what exercises are better to improve my memorie an concentration and be able to remember an talk easier about the thing i read??
    I would be very grateful if you can give me some guidelines.
    Thanks and best wishes.

Categories: Brain Teasers, Cognitive Neuroscience, Professional Development, Technology, Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Learn more & Register today at early-bird rates

2016 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: Reinventing Brain Health

As seen in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and more, SharpBrains is an independent market research firm tracking applied brain science. Explore our most popular resources HERE.